The belt-loop foot is used to fold bias or straight binding, which it then quickly and easily turns into straps or belt loops with the cover- or chainstitch.
1. Set machine for “Coverstich”, using needles C & E.
2. Note: 1”- 1 1/4” (25-28mm) width tape can be used (cut bias for more flexibility).
3. Raise the presser foot and snap on “Belt-loop foot”.
4. For easier insertion into the belt-loop foot, trim fabric corners.
5. Insert the tape into the guide by using the tweezers to feed through slot on front of the foot.
6. Extend tail of bias tape 2” (50mm) behind foot.
7. Lower presser foot and sew, belt loops are created without fabric underneath.