This foot is a specialist for working with blindhems. In one step the seam is sewn and the edge is finished. Therefore the blindstitch foot allows quick and proper working and is ideal for the creation of attractive blindhems on home furnishing and garments.
1. Set the machine for a 3-thread overlock narrow (with the right needle), loosen the needle thread tension sligthly.
2. Set stitch length at maximum and differential feed at 1
3. Raise the presser foot and snap on “Blindstitch foot”
4. To place the hem under the foot, fold the hem to the desired width, then fold back, turn and place under the foot (pre-press the hem for easier guiding).
5. Turn the dial (1) to adjust the guide (2) to the left or right until the fold of the fabric is just left of the needle – the needle must stitch into the fold slightly.in line with the needle
6. Lower the presser foot and sew, holding the fabric fold against the guide.
7. After stitching, unfold the fabric and press lightly from the wrong side.
The guide of the foot is also suitable for guiding lace edges to fabric edges.