The binder attachment creates practical edge finishes with unfolded bias tape in a width of 40 to 50 mm. Self-cut bias tape or cross grain knit strips can also be used for a professional look.
1. Set machine for “Coverstich”.
2. Note: 1 1/2 - 2" (40-50 mm) wide bias tape can be used.
3. For easier insertion into the binder attachment, prefold the fabric and trim fabric corners.
4. Insert the tape into the tape guide, using the tweezers to feed though slot on front of the foot.
5. Extend tail of bias tape 2" (50 mm) under the foot and behind.
6. Raise the presser foot and snap on "Binder attachmend for unfolded bias tape".
7. Lower presser foot and sew bias tape only to test sew and fix the tape
8. Insert fabric from the left side between the guide until the fabric edge lays against the folded bias tape.
9. Sew bias tape along the edge of fabric.