The elasticator foot is best suitable for sewing projects with elastic bands. The fabric can be aligned evenly and exact sewing of elastic band for home furnishing, bathing or sports clothes goes smoothly. The elasticator foot is also optimal to create professional lingerie.
Overlock: Set the machine for a 3- or 4-thread overlock, using the needles depending on the tape width.
Coverstitch: Set the machine for a coverstitch, using up to three needles, depending on the tape width.
1. Loosen screw 5 to slide the guide 6 to suit the width of the elastic tape, tighten the screw 5.
2. Raise the presser foot and snap on the “Elasticator foot”.
3. Loosen screw (2) so that opening (4) of the brake (1) is opened by 1.5 to 2 mm.
4. Place elastic tape (3) into the guide (6) and pass it back under the foot.
5. Tighten brake (1) with the screw (2). The more the screw (2) is turned, the stronger the pressure of the brake (1) on elastic tape, thus the greater the gather effect.
6. Adjust the stitch length between 2.5 and 4.
7. Lower the presser foot and testsew, to define the amount of gather suitable for the project.